Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Happiness Project - Thank you, Gretchen Rubin! Part 3


Is there any way in which you don’t feel right about your life? I rewrote this to ask, “What makes you feel right?” Does your life reflect your values?

This one can feel almost a little painful if you’re not living the life you want to be living. That is why Rubin adds feeling right in addition to feeling good and feeling bad. Feeling right is about values and integrity. Does my life work? Am I on a path with meaning?

If you’re like me sometimes your life has worked and sometimes it hasn’t. It’s painful when it doesn’t work. There’s usually a period of limbo and paralysis. And then, praise God! - it gets better. The pendulum swings. And nothing beats the joy of feeling like I’m moving in the right direction. For everything there is a season. . .
What are some of the things I already do or can do to feel more right?

  • ·       Connecting with my sisters, nieces and old friends.
  • ·      Tithing, giving away lots of money. This includes the small stuff like giving money to that young guy with his dog (how he loves that dog!) at the intersection right before turning into our neighborhood. 
  • ·      Keeping a sense of adventure in my life.
  • ·      Staying grounded in the present; what is before me now?
  • ·      Keeping my commitments.
  • ·      Stopping and helping someone. (I can’t do this when I’m in a hurry)
  • ·      Putting in a good day at work.
  • ·      My daily gratitude E-mail to my buddy.
  • ·      Being scrupulously honest with my taxes.
  • ·      Keeping up with my photo albums. (One of Rubin’s resolutions is to be a “treasure house of happy memories”). 


  I’d love to hear from you. What makes you feel right? Do you feel like you’re in the right job, city or family situation? Are you living a life that has meaning to you?

Signing out from our cozy home on a rainy day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment