Thursday, April 18, 2013


Vacation at Home – Part 6 


Solitude and Community

 
My Beloved Point Reyes
 I have found that alternating between solitude and community; reflection and activity, help keep me at my highest creative state.  I go out and experience life in all its vividness and color and then return inside myself to write about it. I try to capture the feeling of vacation with words.  Then, the pendulum swings.  I can only get so far on my own.  I need the connection and stimulation of relationship.  I spend time with friends and community, sharing activities, ideas and insights, learning about what gives them energy and joy.  We open our inner landscapes to one another and are enriched in the process. 

 
I experience my generosity and the best parts of myself when I am engaged and happy.   My heart is open and I am available to others.  I feel more connected to God, myself, the people in my life and to the place I live.  I realize that creativity requires time; free, unstructured, unfettered, gloriously unhurried time.  While I need time and solitude in order to create, I know that creation is impossible for me outside of community. But invariably the pendulum swings once again and I crave the alone time to fully absorb and saturate myself in what I have learned and experienced.

Women's Group - All Saints
 

No comments:

Post a Comment