Monday, July 2, 2012

Arrived in Paris!

We're here and I already love it. There is a feeling I get here unlike anywhere else. It just charms me and catapults me into a whole new world. We are beginning our journey in the Marais -- the Jewish quarter, in particular, is one of my very favorite parts of Paris. It is like you are peeking into a world within a world. The narrow streets feel so ancient. We went to the heart of the quarter and ate falafel tonight at this place called L'as du Fallafel - oh, I was so hungry and that first tahini soaked crispy coleslaw falafel bite was heaven. We sat next to a sweet Jewish couple on their honeymoon. They were so happy.

 Our first day here, and we've already sat in one of my favorite gardens, Square Georges Cain; I've eaten a croissant amande au chocolate, and I've bought a pretty linen dress that of course I've already worn tonight. 

I'm very happy here, jetlagged beyond reason, but happy.





No comments:

Post a Comment