Saturday, July 14, 2012


The Covered Passages of Paris - Part 1
Saint- Sulpice

How wonderful is this?  It’s blowing and windy outside, so I’m writing to you inside Saint-Sulpice, yes the church.  I am sitting on a very comfortable velvet pew, looking at an incredible gold statue.  It’s quiet and it smells like incense.  Rob is sitting in the small chapel with Delacroix’s depiction of Jacob wresting with the angel.  I think it’s ok to take pictures in here, everyone else is.  I realized that you can barely see it, I did not have my flash on.

I believe that I am being very indiscreet in the second row of pews, on a red velvet seat, quietly typing.  I don’t think anyone has taken notice of me at all.  You can’t see the bottom half of me, (or Little Pink), because there is a big carved pew in front of me.  I’m quite pleased with myself.

Today was dedicated to exploring the covered passages of Paris.  We thought it was going to rain, so we thought we had better be inside, but thank you, God, it never did.  I have wanted to see more of these passages ever since we saw Galerie Vivienne . . .


Why is that man yelling?  How irritating.  Maybe he’s one of those weird, angry people.  He’s yelling again.  I’ll just ignore him.  Now he’s yelling louder.  Maybe I better get up and see what’s happening.  Oh, dear, they’ve locked up and look quite irate.  So much for being so pleased with myself.  I need to shut down and get out of here!


No comments:

Post a Comment